Thursday, June 4, 2015

I'm Baaaack!

It's been a while.  My last blog was in December, all the way back in year 2014.  A lot has happened since then.  In the time since my last posting:


  • The Steelers didn't make the playoffs.
  • The Penguins didn't make the playoffs.
  • Bruce Jenner became Caitlyn.
  • Leonard Nimoy, Lesley Gore, and B.B. King were called home. Rest in Peace, one and all.
  • David Letterman retired.
    Source: Youtube/Late Show with David Letterman
  • The Government isn't listening to our phone calls anymore (or are they?)
  • The world has realized that organized soccer is not as highfalutin as everyone thought is was.
  • Prince George got a new sister.  
In the meantime, here's what has happened since you last tuned in:
  • The temp job I had came to an end.  (I'm looking, so if you know anyone who wants to hire an energetic, creative, witty, conscientious, and hard-working blogger, please let me know.)
  • I turned another year older. . .and notice a few more gray hairs.
  • Saw Barry Manilow in concert. (Awesome show! Barry still has it!)
  • Vacationed in San Francisco and San Diego.  (I now have a new appreciation of the hills of Pittsburgh after spending almost a week in the City by The Bay.)
  • Downloaded a ton of great music on iTunes.
  • Purchased a bike.  (Trying to do the healthy thing.)
  • Made a couple of appearances on the radio. (One in Los Angeles, the other in Beaver Falls, PA)
  • Did some audio production work that wasn't too shabby.
As for that last bullet point, you can check out the new stuff by clicking here.  I did three promos as spec spots for The Mark & Lynda Podcast as a way to build up my portfolio.  Little did I realize that Mark and Lynda aired them and critiqued them.  The verdict:  they liked them!

Download the fun by clicking on this link: api.spreaker.com/download/episode/6025962/markandlynda_20150505.mp3.
It comes up at the 7:25 mark. (Caution: foul language flies freely here. It's one of the charming aspects of podcasting.)

I also made some inroads into getting back into radio and podcasting.  More to come on that end.  

That's all I have for now.  Stay tuned as I make more attempts to put some thoughts down here in this rest stop on the information highway.

And now for your moment of Zen. . . .



Truer words have never been tweeted.  



No comments:

Post a Comment